Iron/Wicker Bakers Rack
Back in the olden days, baker’s racks were plain and bare. People didn’t see the use why they’d need to be ornate and decorative because they were just used in the kitchen for cooling freshly baked goods.
However, because design finds its way to different things over time, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that today, baker’s racks aren’t just used in the kitchen anymore.
They’re more versatile and can be utilized in every part of the home.
This is why baker’s racks like the SEI Iron/Wicker Baker’s Rack is now the modern version of baker’s racks. Both ornamental and utilitarian, they are some of the best storage solutions available today.
Features and Specifications
What makes the Iron/Wicker Baker’s Rack from SEI such a great product? Check out its features and see for yourself how awesome this piece is:
- Mixed-material baker’s rack that measures 19.5 x 28 x 65.2 inches.
- It weighs 53 lbs, providing ample heft to keep the unit stable and upright.
- Made of metal, MDF, and wicker.
- It has two shelves that measure 26.75″ x 8.5″ x 8.5″. Each can support up to 15 lbs of weight.
- It’s MDF counter has the dimensions 25.5″ x 17″ x 13″ x30″. It can hold up to 40 lbs of weight.
- This unit has four drawers, which are basically baskets. They measure 11″ x 14″ x 8.5″.
- Detailed with modern farmhouse style.
- It offers beauty and utility in one package. Baker’s racks are highly coveted by many homeowners because they’re both functional and pretty. They easily add some visual interest to any room, even without any knick knacks or trinkets placed yet. This unit is a perfect example of such.
- It can blend well with most modern interiors. It looks amazing and can easily add some character to any space, making it a great storage solution for your home.
- It’s quite sturdy. While it’s not exactly made of iron, it’s still has a pretty good construction, ensuring that it will hold up for a good amount of time.
- It displays and stores stuff at the same time. This product is highly functional because it can hold other things that are not exactly meant to be put on display. You can, of course, use the upper shelves to showcase baubles, books, or family photos. However, instead of having to find more things to showcase in the lower shelves, you’re given the option to just store other things in them, thanks to the wicker baskets this unit comes with. These drawers extend the functionality of the unit, making it an essential for most households as well.
- It’s very versatile. You can practically put this unit anywhere around the house and still find great use for it. It’s perfect in the kitchen, bathroom, hallways, bedrooms, craft room, and even your dining area.
- It can hold small appliances. If you want to use it as an additional counter space in the kitchen, you can very much do so. Some people just have issues with the clearance height of the counter, but that’s easily resolved by removing the lower shelf. You can place a microwave oven, coffee maker, and lots of other small kitchen electronics in it.
- It’s easy to assemble. While there are quite a few parts that you’ll need to put together to complete this unit, it’s not a struggle to complete. You can definitely have it assembled in under an hour.
- It has a great size. It’s not too big to consume a lot of space, but it’s also not too small to be of any use at all. It can fit standard-sized appliances without a fuss.
- The necessary tool is included in the package to make the product’s assembly a lot easier.
- It’s a very attractive piece of furniture that looks great for its price.
- The whole unit is nicely proportioned. As the lower parts are wider than the shelves, you don’t have to worry about this unit tipping over if the shelves get too top-heavy.
- The wrought iron details really add some charm to the unit.
- You’ll need a vacuum cleaner on hand for the mess you’ll make upon unboxing the parts of this product. Styrofoam is used to cushion and protect the parts from damage, but they can get crushed in transit leaving you with a lot of debris to clean up.
- Its counter is made of MDF and not real wood. This means it can be easily damaged when soaked with liquid or exposed to high heat. If you intend to use it in the kitchen, try to cover it with something that can protect it from getting wet or burnt. Rubber pads and placemats are excellent tools to do this.
- The baskets will arrive folded and you’ll need to attach the bottom to the main body. This might compromise its capability to hold heavy items, so you might want to use it to store light items only.
Not every product in the market can easily enhance the look of your home. Some might even only look great in photos and be utterly disappointing in person. This is not the case for the SEI Iron/Wicker Baker’s Rack. This product will definitely meet your expectations, especially if you bought it online, as it looks just as great as the photos show, if not better, in person.
Of course, appearance is not everything for furniture pieces. They also have to be sturdy and durable. Both can be applied to the SEI Iron/Wicker Baker’s Rack as it is well-constructed using high-grade materials. You can be guaranteed that this product will last a long time, especially when used with care.
The SEI Iron/Wicker Baker’s Rack is already a great steal at this price. With its features, the price is already hard to beat. It can definitely enhance the look of any space without sacrificing functionality. So, if you’re into modern farmhouse, somewhat rustic, pieces, this baker’s rack will surely be a great pick for you.