Are you getting tired of the same old design and decorations of your kitchen or your house in general? Is it getting a little too boring, but at the same time, you know that there is no point in rearranging yet again or buying another piece of furniture to adorn your home? Are you feeling stuck and no ideas come to mind? Well, here I am to help you with that. If you want to upgrade the style of your kitchen but you do not want to use up more space, a great way to do that is to replace your cabinets (or one of your cabinets) with a wooden bakers rack.
5 Best Wooden Bakers Racks – Comparison Chart
$ – lowest price, $$$$$ – highest price.
Why A Wooden Bakers Rack?
Bakers racks in general are one of the best keys to an organized kitchen, or any room for that matter. It can also help minimize clutter and save up space in the kitchen because bakers racks are taller and narrower than regular kitchen cabinets, but can look just as stylish especially if they are made of wood.
Wood just screams effortless yet elegant, and adds a nice touch to the theme of your home. I am talking about real wood, because nothing can replicate the beauty of it when it comes to furniture.
You don’t have to worry about your house looking a lot less impressive once you have replaced your huge cabinets with bakers racks, because they will look pretty much the same, only making your place look so much more spacious.
Those bakers racks that were originally used as places to display bread outside of a bake shop or as storage for freshly baked bread and pastries to allow quick cooling have come a long way. They no longer just look plain.
They now come in different colors and styles, equipped with features that will accommodate your needs, no matter what that is. You just have to think what you want to store in your bakers rack so that it is easier to pick the one that you need.
Bakers racks are very versatile. You can use it for a variety of purposes, which is why it is a favorite of home shoppers and interior decorators all over the world.
What To Look For In A Wooden Bakers Rack
Once you have decided to use wooden bakers racks as furniture in your beautiful home, there are certain things that you should keep in mind to make it work.
- First, it is important to choose something that is made from real wood. As I have mentioned above, plastic material with a wooden pattern just won’t cut it. They can’t replicate the feel, the smell, and the elegance of real, hardwood furniture. They won’t lend the same vibe, and if you mistakenly decide to skimp and go for plastic “wood”, your home might just end up what we are avoiding to begin with – looking cheap and tacky.
- Second, some hardwood are very strong and therefore, heavy. You may be surprised at how heavy it is, so you are going to need strength or someone who is strong enough to move the wooden rack around especially on the first time you are setting it up. On the other hand, some woods are very lightweight and easy to move around that it will be fuss-free to move around. You can transfer it from place to place to see where it is suited the best, if this is the case.
- Third, before buying any bakers rack, you will want to know the exact dimensions of the rack and of the space you intend to place it in. It is important to make sure that you have enough space for this piece of furniture, or else, it will only be a waste of time, effort, and money, because you will have to return the rack.
- Fourth piece of advice: know what you are going to use it for. One thing you have to know about wooden bakers racks is that you can absolutely use it for anything. You can use it as a replacement for kitchen cabinets, a storage for any type of collection like books, CDs/DVDs, figurines, or action figures, or as a wine cabinet. Some bakers racks actually come with wine holders for this exact purpose. You should know what you want to do with a bakers rack before you finally purchase it, so that you will be able to get what you really need.
- And lastly, don’t settle for the first wooden bakers rack you see, or the cheapest, or the most expensive one. Price doesn’t always determine quality and longevity, so you don’t have to splurge (even if you can) or skimp on racks. As long as you see that the material is strong and that it fits into your needs, then those are the only standards you have to follow when buying a wooden bakers rack to be used as home furniture.
Add Style Anywhere with Wooden Bakers Racks
Wooden bakers racks come in a variety of styles
Wooden bakers racks are stylish and look good with a variety of decorative styles. They’re versatile and easy to incorporate into existing decor. For a quick introduction of the many wood racks available, we’ve provided a list of a few of the most popular wooden bakers rack styles and some decorating tips for creating a beautiful room.
Wooden Bakers Racks: A Journey From Traditional to Contemporary
For the lover of traditional furniture, there are many types of wooden bakers racks that fit into this style. These pieces are casual with a bit of charming elegance. Traditional pieces will fit into nearly any type of existing decor. Decorating ideas include adding a warm, lit lamp and a vase of silk flowers. Adding a few accents will provide a bit of subtle color and personality.
If You Like Metal, a Contemporary Wooden Bakers Rack Might Be for You. These pieces are defined by simple lines without any fuss.
Contemporary decor uses negative space to create a clean and orderly appearance. Less is always better. Generally this style of rack is used entirely for decorative purposes. Contemporary designers never display large collections or anything disorderly. A good idea is to keep no more than 1-3 items on a shelf.
Do You Prefer Shabby Chic or Rustic?
A popular decorative style of the 21st Century is shabby chic. It’s best defined for combining vintage pieces with doilies and fresh flowers.
Contrasting fabrics combine to create something stylish and trendy. A couple of accents that complete the shabby chic look are scented candles and tea-stained dish towels.
Or throw some overstuffed, floral-printed pillows next to the rack for a truly chic look.
Wrought iron combined with knotty pine is what makes the rustic look so appealing. Imperfections are what give these racks personality. These sturdy bakers racks look fabulous indoors or out. They’re perfect for an office or in a cozy kitchen. Plants and antique pieces are a great way to decorate this style of rack.
Whatever style you prefer, a wooden bakers rack makes a great addition to any home.
How To Decorate A Wooden Bakers Rack
A wooden bakers rack doesn’t often need decorating because its simplicity is its charm, but there is no harm in decorating it to make it look more lively. In fact, you can do the simplest and easiest things to spruce up your bakers rack.
For example, if you are using it as a bookshelf, don’t just store the books in there the normal way. Try this: stack up three or four books and leave the stack laying in the shelf, then put an angel figurine or a unique paperweight on top. Beside the stack, you can have a few books sorted as usual, that is, all standing up.
Don’t be afraid to leave some space as this is the point of this way of storage.
Messy can also mean stylish, if done the right way. Place your stuff in the rack strategically but making it up to be in disarray.
You can also add some decorations on the bakers rack, especially if DIY projects are your thing. If you are talented, paint it up by hand or do some doodling. You never know what some creativity might bring you.